I *heart* our techinician
0 comment Saturday, June 28, 2014 |
Seriously, this woman has some magic hands.Hated data set has been giving me fits for how long now? We're on the last possible assay for this data set and GrAdvisor wants to give up on it. I couldn't get it to work, so I thought I'd ask Awesome Technician to take a crack at it. I gave her my positive control samples so we wouldn't be wasting the precious and nearly-impossible-to-obtain experimental samples in case it doesn't work the first time.This morning she gave me the results.*Cue Handel's "Hallelujah"*They. Are. So. Fucking. Beautiful!I nearly cried with joy (so did Post-doc who also can't get this assay to work). I didn't though. Instead, I gave her a hug. She was a little startled by this I think.Next week she is going to run the real thing. If the experimental samples turn out half as good as the controls, I will have a water-tight story for my committee meeting and my talk at International Conference in April (yes, that's right - just a few weeks from now) and I might be able to get this manuscript out by May. Defending this fall will look one hell of a lot more feasible if I can get that to happen. I am going to buy Technician some flowers. She's also going to get a co-author on this paper whether or not the stupid assay ends up as a figure or not.I just spent about an hour begging, borrowing, or stealing reagents from other labs so that she can start the Real Experiment on Monday (our replacement order won't be in until too late)...and I don't even care that Other Experiment won't get done today.I could just kiss her right now...but that would be inappropriate so I will refrain.

Labels: