Wasted weekend
0 comment Saturday, April 12, 2014 |
I have spent countless hours this weekend trying to get my in-need-of-coddling experiment to yield some pretty data for my committee meeting today and my impending conference talk. Of course it didn't work*. Experiments never work when you're right up against a deadline. This is a universal truth. And I know this. Yet, I always feel compelled to give it that one last try because if I didn't I'd be kicking myself for not at least attempting it. So I've had a grand total of about 12 hours of sleep in the last 72, and I'm going to present similar data that are not as pretty as I would like, but which will have to suffice. I'm not pleased about that but there's not much else to be done. Fuck it. I will present this at my Committee Meeting in the best possible light and hopefully they will be pleased. Then I will give a talk at the conference including the not-quite-so-pretty data (or not, we'll see what the Committee says about it), and enjoy a desperately needed break.*Actually, I'm not certain that it failed. Another alternative is that someone has completely fucked with the configurations on the equipment...it's hard for me to tell what's going on so Brilliant Core Facility Dude is going to take a look at it. If it is true that someone has fucked with the configuration, that person should be thanking FSM that I will be on a plane in 24 hours. Homicide won't fit into my schedule between now and then.

Labels: ,