meme...because I just sent off my galley edits and now I'm feeling lazy.
0 comment Sunday, April 13, 2014 |
This is a fun meme from Curiosity Killed the Cat."Tag" if you want to be "it".(Bold are the ones I've done, Italics with some qualifiers)1. Started my own blog - ummm, duh?2. Slept under the stars - Mojave desert w00t!!11!!!3. Played in a band - flute in the high school band! Supergeek! But I loved it.4. Visited Hawaii - lots of family there5. Watched a meteor shower6. Given more than I can afford to charity...maybe, if you count my starving grad student self as a charity case. I sometimes do.7. Been to Disneyland/world - anticlimactic, as the first (and last) time I went was as a college student.8. Climbed a mountain 9. Held a praying mantis10. Sung a solo - in elementary school11. Bungee jumped (no, but it would be fun)12. Visited Paris13. Watched lightning at sea14. Taught myself an art from scratch - I paint furniture with interesting designs15. Adopted a child - only if sponsoring a kid in 3rd world country counts16. Had food poisoning17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty18. Grown my own vegetables - still do19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - it's wee!20. Slept on an overnight train - many, many times21. Had a pillow fight22. Hitchhiked23. Taken a sick day when you�re not ill - "mental health day"24. Built a snow fort25. Held a lamb - too many to count really26. Gone skinny dipping ;)27. Run a Marathon - more than one!28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice29. Seen a total eclipse30. Watched a sunrise or sunset31. Hit a home run - I suck at bat/ball sports32. Been on a cruise33. Seen Niagara Falls in person34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors - Sweden!35. Seen an Amish community36. Taught myself a new language...I speak some marginal Italian, but I didn't teach myself37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied...it wouldn't take much for me, just enough not to stress out when the bills come in each month38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person 39. Gone rock climbing 40. Seen Michelangelo�s David - as cool as you'd expect41. Sung karaoke - drunken karaoke, even better! 42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - burrito for homeless guy44. Visited Africa45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - to watch fish spawning in the sand!46. Been transported in an ambulance47. Had my portrait painted48. Gone deep sea fishing49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - cool but there was a lot of shushing from the guards50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - kind of anticlimactic really 51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling52. Kissed in the rain53. Played in the mud 54. Gone to a drive-in theater55. Been in a movie...no, but I have been in a couple of TV shows56. Visited the Great Wall of China57. Started a business58. Taken a martial arts class59. Visited Russia60. Served at a soup kitchen61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies...I was in CampFire, not Girl Scouts. We sold candy. I hated it.62. Gone whale watching 63. Got flowers for no reason - sunflowers...on a semi-regular basis when BH and I first started dating - thanks BH!64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma65. Gone sky diving...no, but I've been para-skiing in the Swiss Alps!66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp67. Bounced a check - not on purpose :(68. Flown in a helicopter69. Saved a favorite childhood toy70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial...but I didn't go inside71. Eaten caviar 72. Pieced a quilt - from college/running/study abroad t-shirts73. Stood in Times Square - meh.74. Toured the Everglades75. Been fired from a job76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London77. Broken a bone78. Been on a speeding motorcycle...not an experience I'd like to repeat79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person80. Published a book81. Visited the Vatican82. Bought a brand new car - actually, a truck83. Walked in Jerusalem84. Had my picture in the newspaper85. Read the entire Bible - not all in one sitting86. Visited the White House...just the outside viewed from the Mall87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating...only fish with my own hands, but I grew up on a farm so all of the meat in our freezer previously had a name88. Had chickenpox89. Saved someone�s life90. Sat on a jury - Nope! I still vote (and therefore get jury summons) in the Blue State I grew up in - awesome current-home Red State loophole for full-time students means I don't have to declare residency here...whenever I get called by Blue State for jury duty I say, "Sure, my transportation cost will be a plane ticket half-way across the country"...so I've never sat on a jury91. Met someone famous - Cher!! I bumped into her in the supermarket. She was wearing sweatpants and buying CoverGirl makeup. I kid you not.92. Joined a book club93. Lost a loved one94. Had a baby95. Seen the Alamo in person96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake97. Been involved in a law suit - just small claims court. Sold my 4H project flock of sheep to a neighbor before heading off to college...delivered the critters and then she just. didn't. pay me. How weird is that? She even goes to church with my parents. I won the claim and got full payment, which covered my books and fees freshman year.98. Owned a cell phone99. Been stung by a bee100. Ridden an elephant...nope, but I have ridden a camel. Not a comfortable ride.

Labels: