Queries to the science demons:
0 comment Saturday, July 5, 2014 |
Why does it take 10x as long to put together a figure as it does to generate the data that go in it?Why does everything work the first time, not the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th time, but maybe (if you're lucky) the 10th, 17th and 22nd second time? Now that I've recognized the pattern, can I just get a pass on useless repetitions 2-5? (And maybe 6-9, 11-16, and 18-21 while we're at it?)Why can't successful data be evenly distributed over time? Why must it always be feast or famine? Check that -- Biblical flood or famine?How does GrAdvisor always know to ask me for something exactly one day before I am finished with it? Does he think that I'm just sitting on data until he asks for it? His timing for this is uncanny and I fear that it's eroding my credibility...can't you give him something else to think about for the final 24 hours of my efforts?Are you trying to fuck with me?

Labels: ,