Things Fall Apart
0 comment Thursday, April 10, 2014 |
It's been an eventful morning. I was waiting for the wash to finish so I could chuck it in the drier before I left for the lab (nobody likes to come home to a load of wet and stinking clothes), when DangerDog came in from the other room acting really funny and agitated. You know, like when Lassie comes dashing back to the farm and starts spinning in circles and barking until someone goes, "What's that girl? Timmy's fallen into the well!?!?"? Yeah, like that. So I get up to see what's the matter and find that there is a medium-sized stream running through the back of the house. The washing machine is leaking ridiculous amounts of water all over the damn place. It has flooded the kitchen and is now pouring onto the hardwood floor in the dining room.Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.Many towels and curses later I had it all mopped up. Waited for our most excellent handyman to arrive, take it apart, decide there's nothing wrong with it and restart it again. No issues. Huh. Oh well. I just hope the load of now very wet towels I left running while I dashed into work doesn't have the same problem. Fingers crossed.

Labels: