FML

FML

0 comment Thursday, June 5, 2014 |
Remember when the AA residence was under siege???Well, it seems it's happening again. The joys of living on a corner lot -- they finished the street that runs north-south past our place sometime last fall.This morning (with no warning at all) they began similar siege tactics on the street that runs east-west past our house. I was hoping to sleep in this morning since I was imaging til eleven last night. No such luck. Seven AM on the nose I awake to find the light fixtures shaking and the pets acting very nervous. Earthquake? Not likely around here.Oh wait...is that the melodious sound of heavy machinery right outside my bedroom window?? You bet!!When I tried to leave this morning I discover a 4-foot deep PIT OF DEATH right outside my front gate, surrounded by three front-end loaders. I fail to understand the necessity of three of these things (only one at a time can get near the hole) other than to completely shut down traffic flow through the intersection as well as my ability to leave my front yard.I inquired of the workers enemy combatants when they thought I might be able to open the gate and depart for work. They advised me that they had not blocked my driveway. Well that's awful nice of you folks but I don't drive to work. My bike is locked to railing of the deck that is situated in the front yard, which is surrounded by a fence, which has only one gate, which you have dug a PIT OF DEATH immediately in front of. The driveway really doesn't come into the scenario at all.So I just decided to leave when I felt like it and they got all pissy about having to move 2 of their 3 pieces of heavy machinery and direct traffic so that I could leave my house without getting squished. Sorry for the inconvenience fellas!

Labels: