Kick-Your-Cold's-Ass Soup Recipe!
0 comment Monday, April 14, 2014 |
ScientistMother is feeling under the weather (go over there and offer moral support and drug recommendations). Jr. Grad Student in my lab has a wife and three kids at home with strep throat infections...I'm wearing an isolation mask whenever I need to talk to him lately. Yep, it's that time of year - the Lab Plague is going around. I haven't got it yet. Let's hope it stays that way. For those of you who are less fortunate, I submit my secret weapon:Kick-Your-Cold's-Ass Soup1.5-2 qt. chicken broth2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled then shredded with a fork1 can chickpeas1-4 canned chipotle peppers, finely diced (pepper proportion should increase in relation to how crappy you're feeling - don't be scared of the heat - mucous prevents the overburn)1 avocado, cubedchopped fresh cilantro/corianderThrow the first four ingredients in a pot or slow cooker. Heat through. Stir in avocado and top with cilantro. Serve hot. Repeat as needed.Guaranteed to clear your sinuses and make you feel slightly better than your current state of death-warmed-over.

Labels: ,